Inter Miami reportedly will not loan out captain Lionel Messi after the Major League Soccer (MLS) season ends.
The 36-year-old forward has been linked with the Saudi Pro League or a possible return to FC Barcelona.
Spanish journalist Guillem Balague reported that the global superstar isn’t going anywhere except on vacation.
“Messi will have around one month holiday, like other footballers,” Balague said, per the BBC. “So forget any move to Saudi or similar.”
Inter Miami has been eliminated from playoff consideration. Its final game is on October 21 against Charlotte.
Messi has one goal and two assists in five MLS regular-season matches (three starts) since joining Miami. In 13 games across all competitions for the club, Messi has 11 goals and eight assists.
- Kerala Blasters vs FC Goa LIVE score, KBFC 0-2 FCG, ISL 10: Yasir scores after Borges to double Gaurs lead
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Jurel reveals secrets of his rescue-act, dedicates fifty to Kargil-veteran father
- GG vs MI Live Score, WPL 2024: Ismail removes Veda, Harleen in quick succession; pressure on Mooney, Litchfield
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Nitish, Sasikanth breathe new life into Andhra’s hopes of entering semis
- Delhi Open Challenger: Local wildcard Karan Singh could shine, Benjamin Bonzi given the top seed