The former president of the Spanish football federation has been ruled unfit to work in the sport in Spain for three years after he kissed a player on the lips without her consent at the Women’s World Cup final.
Luis Rubiales had already been forced to resign from his post after he initially tried to stay in office despite a global uproar over him kissing forward Jenni Hermoso at the trophy ceremony following the August 20 final in Australia.
Friday’s ruling by the legal panel that oversees sports in Spain comes after world football governing body FIFA had already banned Rubiales for three years.
A Spanish judge is investigating accusations by Hermoso that Rubiales sexually assaulted her with his kiss and then pressured her to publicly support him afterward.
He has denied any wrongdoing.
- Ranji Trophy 2024 semifinals Live Score Updates: Shardul removes Vijay to leave Tamil Nadu seven down
- NBA roundup: Celtics routs Mavs in 10th straight win
- Indian trio draws on a dull day in Prague Masters Chess tournament
- F1 Bahrain Grand Prix 2024: Preview, starting grid, live streaming info
- San Diego Open 2024: Top seed Jessica Pegula reaches semifinals