Nice has made Danilo Barbosa its first signing of the transfer window after finalising his transfer from Braga.
No details of defensive midfielder Danilo's contract were announced by Nice, who reportedly paid €8million for his signature.
The 22-year-old scored four goals in 31 league appearances for Braga in 2017-18, helping them to fourth place in the Primeira Liga. He also captained Brazil at the 2015 Under-20 World Cup.
After joining Braga from Vasco da Gama in 2014, Danilo spent time on loan at Valencia, Benfica and Standard Liege before returning to his parent club, where he broke into Abel Ferreira's first team.
The arrival of Danilo casts doubt on Jean Michael Seri's future at Nice, following speculation linking the 26-year-old with a move to the Premier League.
- AC Milan winger Pulisic threatened and abused following fiery Lazio win
- MLS: Two each for Messi and Suarez as Inter Miami hit five past Orlando
- F1 2024: Verstappen’s father says Red Bull will ‘explode’ if Horner stays
- La Liga: Vinicius scores 2 to earn Real Madrid draw in return to Valencia since racial abuse, Bellingham gets red
- NZ vs AUS, 1st Test: Lyon masterclass leads Australia to 172-run win against New Zealand