Italy’s sports prosecutors have requested a 4-year ban for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba over doping allegations, sports newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport and other Italian media reported on Thursday.
Pogba was suspended in September after a test by Italy’s national anti-doping organisation detected testosterone, a hormone that increases athletes’ endurance, after Juve’s 3-0 Serie A season-opening victory at Udinese on August 20.
His positive doping test was confirmed in a counter-analysis on a second sample in October.
- Pune Challenger 2024: Niki Poonacha loses to Dane Sweeny in a thriller, Mukund Sasikumar gives walkover
- WPL 2024 MI vs DC Live Score: Capsey’s heroics power Delhi Capitals’ flourish
- Indian sports wrap, February 23
- Premier League 2023-24: De Bruyne expected to play at Bournemouth as City looks to keep pressure on Liverpool
- Man United’s Hojlund to miss two to three weeks with injury