Paris St Germain forwards Mauro Icardi and Kylian Mbappe fired it to a 3-0 win over Lille on Wednesday to reach the quarterfinals of the French Cup.
Argentine Icardi put the holder in front by bundling the ball into the net in the ninth minute while France striker Mbappe doubled its advantage from the penalty spot shortly before halftime.
Lille, which leads PSG at the top of the Ligue 1 standings by three points, was awarded a penalty in the second half which would have given it hope of clawing its way back into the Cup tie.
But PSG keeper Keylor Navas saved Yusuf Yazici’s spot-kick, a week after keeping out a penalty from Barcelona’s Lionel Messi in the Champions League, and Mbappe rounded off the victory for the host by striking again in stoppage time.
- Coach Thomas Tuchel to leave Bayern Munich at the end of the season
- Dortmund fumes over Eindhoven penalty award in Champions League tie
- AUS vs NZ, 1st T20I: Australia registers its third-highest successful run chase, beats New Zealand in last-ball thriller
- Yashasvi Jaiswal breaks into top-20 of ICC Test Rankings
- Pakistan team fitness was lowest priority for Babar Azam, coach Mickey Arthur: Hafeez