Paris Saint-Germain lost Edinson Cavani to injury early on against Toulouse in a match Neymar missed despite having recovered from an ankle issue.
Thomas Tuchel has indicated the Brazil superstar will not be selected until PSG has clarity over his future at the club, with links to Barcelona and Real Madrid ongoing.
PSG sporting director Leonardo previously confirmed Neymar is ready to return from the ankle injury he sustained in June and that kept him out of the Copa America.
The Ligue 1 champion did not have Neymar in its squad for Sunday's home game against Toulouse, even though it went down 2-1 to Rennes last weekend.
The lack of attacking depth in Tuchel's squad was underlined when club record goalscorer Cavani appeared to hurt his thigh in the 14th minute at the Parc des Princes.
Cavani walked straight off the pitch after seemingly suffering the injury while directing a left-footed volley at goal, with former Stoke City attacker Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting introduced as his replacement.
Neymar left Barca for PSG in a world record €222million deal two years ago but time is running out for the 27-year-old to seal a move away from the French capital as the European transfer window closes on September 2.
- WPL 2024: Form and captaincy of Mandhana has helped RCB ooze confidence, says Devine
- WPL 2024: Dominant Delhi Capitals hands Gujarat Giants fourth straight loss
- Gujarat Giants’ Sayali Satghare becomes first-ever concussion substitute in WPL history
- Premier League 2023-24: Foden brace helps Man City win Manchester Derby 3-1 over United after dream comeback
- Women’s Super League: Title-chasing Arsenal beats Tottenham 1-0 as Alessia Russo scores