Colombia striker Radamel Falcao sustained a serious head injury during training with Galatasaray, the Turkish club said in a statement on Sunday.
Falcao, 35, clashed heads with a team mate during Sunday's session and was taken to hospital, where he was diagnosed with a facial bone fracture and underwent surgery.
Falcao joined the Istanbul side in 2019 from AS Monaco, having previously played for Porto, Atletico Madrid, Manchester United and Chelsea.
He has scored eight goals this season in Turkey's Super Lig for Galatasaray, which is third in the standings.
- Ranji Trophy LIVE score, Day 5 Quarterfinal updates: Kotian, Deshpande near centuries vs Baroda; Sarvate shines vs Vidarbha
- PKL 10 Playoffs: Players to watch out for in Jaipur Pink Panthers vs Haryana Steelers semifinal 2
- DC bowler Arundhati fined for breaching WPL code
- Man City’s Grealish must hit the ground running after injury return - Guardiola
- PKL 10 Playoffs: Players to watch out for in Puneri Paltan vs Patna Pirates semifinal 1