Cristiano Ronaldo rounded off 2019 by winning the prize for best men's player at the Dubai Globe Soccer Awards.
Ronaldo, who came third in the 2019 Ballon d'Or rankings behind Virgil van Dijk and winner Lionel Messi, has now won the award six times out of its nine years of existence.
It also marked a fourth successive triumph at the awards for the 34-year-old, who helped Juventus claim the 2018-19 Serie A title in his first season in Italy while also playing a key role in Portugal winning the Nations League.
"I have to thank my family, my girlfriend, my boy there, Cristiano, my three kids who are waiting for me in the hotel, my friends, my team-mates of Juventus and the national team, my agent, all the people here tonight who support this gala," Ronaldo said, as reported by thenational.ae.
"I have to say thank you to the Arabic community, which is always great with me. I have to thank Dubai as well – it's a marvellous place to be, I'm coming every year and I love this place.
"And finally to thank [everyone] who voted for me. It's a great honour to be here and receive this amazing award. I hope to be here next year to receive this award, of course. Thanks to everyone, and a happy New Year."
Ronaldo was not the only big-name winner at the event, with Atletico Madrid youngster Joao Felix named as the "best revelation player" while Miralem Pjanic was given the "player career" award.
England international Lucy Bronze was crowned best women's player of the year, while Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp was named as the best manager.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 2 Semifinal 2024: TN eyes early wickets against Mumbai; MP 47/1 in reply to Vidarbha 170 all out
- LeBron James reaches 40,000 points to extend his record as the NBA’s scoring leader
- F1 2024: Mercedes’ hopes hit by cooling error in Bahrain
- Dybala scores again as Roma renaissance continues under De Rossi with win at Monza
- AC Milan winger Pulisic threatened and abused following fiery Lazio win