Kalidou Koulibaly's future remains a talking point and Liverpool is reportedly in "pole position" to sign the Napoli defender.
Koulibaly, 28, has been linked with a move amid reported interest from several of Europe's biggest clubs.
And it seems a Koulibaly-Virgil van Dijk central defensive pairing is getting closer at Anfield.
READ| Diego Simeone has a job for life at Atletico, says Unai Emery
TOP STORY – LIVERPOOL IN 'POLE POSITION' TO SIGN KOULIBALY
Liverpool is in pole position to sign Koulibaly after Paris Saint-Germain withdrew its interest, according to Le 10 Sport.
With Manchester United having also reportedly withdrawn from the race, Jurgen Klopp's side and Newcastle United – pending takeover – could land the defender.
Koulibaly is contracted at Napoli until 2023 and it will reportedly take an offer of £88.4million (€100m) to land the defender.
- PSG does seemingly want to hold onto Mauro Icardi beyond the end of his loan from Inter . La Gazzetta dello Sport reports PSG is willing to offer Julian Draxler as part of a deal for Icardi, who joined with a €70m purchase option.
- It seemed Barcelona and Juventus were preparing for a swap deal. But Goal reports an exchange involving Barca midfielder Arthur and Juventus' Miralem Pjanic is off, with the La Liga giant also wanting money for the 23-year-old Brazil international.
- Dries Mertens is drawing plenty of attention with his contract at Napoli expiring at the end of the season. Mundo Deportivo reports PSG has joined Atletico Madrid , Inter and Chelsea in a fight for the forward.
- Also with Inter , the Serie A club is still considering forward Jonathan David , according to CalcioMercato. David, 20, has scored 23 goals in 40 games for Gent this season.
- With his loan deal at Roma ending, Chris Smalling looks set to return to Manchester United . Corriere dello Sport reports Roma is considering Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren and Barcelona's Jean-Clair Todibo , who is on loan at Schalke, to replace Smalling.