I-League qualifier Mohammedan Sporting Club on Friday announced the appointment of former Mohun Bagan coach Sankarlal Chakraborty as its technical director.
Chakraborty will work with head coach Jose Hevia in the upcoming I-League.
"It is an exciting challenge. I hope to contribute to the success of Mohammedan Sporting Club," Chakraborty said in a club statement.
"Football is about teamwork. I am really looking forward to working with coach Jose Hevia. I am going to support him with my knowledge and experience," he added.
The former Mohun Bagan and East Bengal player was Subhas Bhowmick's assistant and later worked with Sanjoy Sen during their I-League triumph in 2014-15.
He had guided the green and maroons to the CFL Premier Division A title in September after a gap of eight years.
The Kolkata giant qualified for the I-League for the first time after seven years this season.
Mohammedan Sporting will face newcomer Sudeva Delhi to kick off the I-League 2020-21 season at the Saltlake Stadium here on January 9.
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament
- India to tour Sri Lanka in July-August, 2024 for six-match white-ball series
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.
- 2023 Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 4: Baroda 54/4 in 167-run chase vs TN; Mumbai beats Pondicherry by 7 wickets; Saurashtra eyes big win vs Odisha
- India’s Ashwal Rai, Muthusamy urge home support during Volleyball Club World Championships 2023