Isco's fall from grace continued on Friday with the Real Madrid midfielder left out of Luis Enrique's Spain squad for the matches against Norway and Malta.
Isco has made just five starts for Madrid in LaLiga this season, despite the club's domestic struggles, and his lack of playing time has seen him omitted from a much-changed selection.
His Madrid team-mates Sergio Reguilon and Nacho Fernandez have also been left out as have Atletico Madrid trio Diego Costa, Koke and Saul Niguez.
Uncapped quartet Sergio Canales, Sergi Gomez, Jaime Mata and Fabian Ruiz have all been included while there are returns for Jesus Navas and Iker Muniain.
Experienced Sevilla winger Navas has not played for his country in a competitive fixture since 2013 while Athletic Bilbao midfielder Muniain won his only cap a year earlier.
Defender Gomez is rewarded for a strong season with Sevilla, as is Canales with Real Betis while Ruiz has impressed in Serie A with Napoli.
Mata, 30, has scored 13 league goals in Getafe's bid for Champions League qualification, the club sitting fourth in the table heading into matchday 28.
Spain's European Championship qualifying programme begins on March 23 when it hosts Norway in Valencia before travelling to Malta three days later.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Tamil Nadu beats Baroda; Mumbai, Saurashtra win; MP in deep trouble v Bengal
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament
- India to tour Sri Lanka in July-August, 2024 for six-match white-ball series
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.