Sam Clucas has apologised for his goal celebration in Swansea City's 3-1 Premier League win over Arsenal on Tuesday, after suggestions he was mimicking a logo on a pornographic website.
The midfielder scored twice in the victory at the Liberty Stadium and celebrated with the same gesture each time.
Swansea say Clucas was "not fully aware" of the website's content and is sorry for having caused any offence.
The club added they will speak to the 27-year-old again about the incident and have reminded the player about his responsibilities.
A spokesperson for the Swans said: "As a club we were unaware of any links to the internet group in question and disappointed to learn of the association as it does not reflect the values of Swansea City nor our strong commitment to equality.
"We wholeheartedly condemn the degradation of women and believe everyone's rights, dignity and individual worth is to be respected.
"Having spoken to Sam, he was not fully aware of the pornographic sections of this internet group and at no time intended to cause offence which he apologises for.
"The club will speak to Sam again internally to establish the full facts, while also taking the opportunity to remind everyone of their responsibilities."
There are reports the FA will look into the incident but Omnisport understands Swansea are not yet aware of any correspondence from the governing body.
The win over the Gunners allowed Carlos Carvalhal's side to climb off the foot of the table and to within a point of safety.
- Bengaluru FC vs Kerala Blasters LIVE score, ISL 2023-24: Match updates, preview, streaming and more
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24, Semifinals: Shardul, Deshpande keep Mumbai ahead against Tamil Nadu on Day 1
- RCB-W vs MI-W live score, WPL 2024: Smriti Mandhana vs Harmanpreet Kaur in high-octane WPL fixture; Live streaming info
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 semifinals: Madhya Pradesh’s pace battery skittles Vidarbha for 170 on Day 1
- Ranji Trophy: TN captain Sai Kishore’s decision to bat first against Mumbai backfires on Day 1