Tottenham Hotspur has signed right back Djed Spence from Middlesbrough on a deal until 2027, the north London club said on Tuesday.
Financial details of the transfer were not disclosed but British media reported Spurs had paid £12.5 million ($15 million) for the 21-year-old with another £7.5 million in add-ons.
He spent a large portion of the 2021-22 season on loan at Championship side Nottingham Forest, making 46 appearances and scoring three goals as they earned promotion to the Premier League.
Spence, who can also play further up the pitch, becomes Spurs’ sixth signing of the close season following the arrivals of Ivan Perisic, Richarlison, Yves Bissouma, Clement Lenglet and Fraser Forster.
Spurs kick off the new campaign with a home game against Southampton on Aug. 6.
- Mumbai City FC signs Jayesh Rane on loan from Bengaluru FC
- Deodhar Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 1: South 14/0 (3.5) Agarwal, Kunnummal open vs North; Panchal, Harvik lead West chase
- Wrestling trials for Asian Games: Upsets galore show past has little influence on the present
- Srihari fails to qualify for 100m backstroke semifinals at World Championships
- FIFA Women’s World Cup: Philippines vowes to ‘crash the party’ against New Zealand