Transfer market deadline day is a chaotic occasion, with clubs, and even players, on the look out for a quick fix, going into the end stage of domestic and continental competitions.
Here are some of the major player transfers expected to happen on the deadline of the first transfer window of 2023.
Ever since the arrival of Gianluigi Donnarumma, Keylor Navas’s position at PSG has been reduced to a standby.
The Costa Rican legend might get a break from it with Premier League side Nottingham Forest looking set to nab the former Real Madrid man.
Navas would have to battle it out with Manchester United loanee Dean Henderson for the goalkeeping spot at Forest, if the deal goes through.
Argentine midfielder Enzo Fernandez has in Chelsea’s radar ever since the transfer window opened.
The best young player from Qatar could possibly be on the move on the deadline day, with Blues ready to offer Benfica more than 100 million dollars for his services.
Joao Cancelo might have played his last game for Manchester City.
The Portugal fullback has reportedly traveled to Bayern Munich ahead of a potential loan move to the German champions, who would have an option to buy Cancelo for 70 million euros ($76 million).
Cancelo, who can play as a right back or left back, is an attacking defender who has played an integral role for City in recent seasons but has fallen out of favor with manager Pep Guardiola since the World Cup.
Follow all January deadline day stories here:
- Transfer deadline day: All you need to know about the January 2023 winter window
- Transfer Market Deadline Day: Players expected to sign on January 31
- Premier League Transfer news live: Full list of January 2023 signings
- La Liga winter transfer window: Complete list of ins and outs of players in January 2023
- January transfer window: Biggest winter signings which flopped at their new clubs
- Deadline day transfers: Suarez to Bruno, most impactful signings in the January winter window
Arsenal’s Portuguese right-back Cedric Soares has tumbled down Mikel Arteta’s plans and has had his minutes severely affected.
A loan opportunity to fellow Premier League side Fulham is on cards, which would benefit all parties involved.
Following a tremendous Qatar World Cup for Australia, Harry Souttar has seen his stock rise.
Now, Premier League side Leicester has come knocking at Stoke City for the services of the tall central defender. Souttar’s addition could rejuvenate Foxes struggling defensive line.
Souttar’s potential arrival has pushed the buttons for the departure of current Leicester defender, Caglar Soyuncu to come under the radar of Atletico Madrid.
The Turkish centre-back could fit in well in Diego Simeone’s system, which has lost its defensive perfection this season.
Ecuadorian midfielder Moises Caicedo has been pushing his current club Brighton for a transfer out, with Arsenal and Chelsea in the hunt for the 21-year-old.
The Seagulls are adamant of holding on to Caicedo, but the chances of that happening are growing dim, with Premier League heavyweights circling in for its talented South American.
Bayern Munich’s raids of fellow Bundesliga teams shows no signs of slowing down, with the German giant setting itself to nab RB Leipzig’s Konrad Laimer.
The Austrian midfielder has been crucial in Leipzig’s title push this season.
Tottenham Hotspur is expected to make a last minute for Sporting CP’s Pedro Porro on the deadline day.
The 23-year-old Spanish player will bolster Antonio Conte’s side, particularly down the right flank.
- India vs Kuwait LIVE score, IND 0-0 KWT, FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifier: Chhetri comes close to giving Blue Tigers lead
- SA vs AUS Highlights, World Cup 2023 Semifinal: Australia trumps South Africa to secure final spot against India
- India to face Australia in ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 final
- AUS vs SA weather updates, World Cup 2023 semifinal: Play resumes after delay; Australia wins by 3 wickets
- Most wickets in ICC World Cup 2023: List of top wicket-takers after AUS vs SA semifinal; Shami remains on top, Coetzee fourth