Spain and Barcelona icon Xavi has agreed a contract extension with Al Sadd that will see him remain at the club until 2018.
Xavi brought the curtain down on his decorated Camp Nou career in 2015, signing a two-year deal with the Qatari side.
The 37-year-old midfielder has now renewed his contract in the Middle East for a third season.
World Cup and two-time European Championship winner Xavi is captain at Al Sadd and helped the club to a third-place finish in his first Stars League campaign.
The Doha-based side sit second this season, three points adrift of leaders Lekhwiya with Xavi having appeared in all 17 matches, contributing six goals.
- Bahrain Grand Prix: F1 champion Verstappen of Red Bull on pole for season-opener
- Ranji Trophy semifinal: Chandrakant Pandit eyes victory against former side as Vidarbha, Madhya Pradesh face off
- German Open 2024: Jolly-Gayatri bow out of quarterfinals, lose to Chinese pair of Jing-Min
- Mohun Bagan vs Jamshedpur FC highlights, MBSG 3-0 JFC, ISL 2023-24: Sadiku, Cummings, Petratos goals guide Mariners to comfortable win
- ISL 2023-24: Mohun Bagan Super Giant cruises to win against Jamshedpur FC