Lucas Torreira will be fit to face Peru in a boost to Uruguay's hopes of winning Saturday's Copa America quarter-final.
The tenacious Arsenal midfielder has re-joined his team-mates in training in El Salvador following an illness that involved vomiting and weight loss.
Torreira, 23, played no part in the 1-0 win over Chile as Uruguay finished top of Group C on seven points.
Edinson Cavani's late goal secured a crucial three points and the 2011 champion remains unbeaten following a 4-0 crushing of Ecuador and 2-2 draw against Japan.
"I've been able to train normally with part of the team and I'm feeling better," Torreira said ahead of the weekend encounter at Arena Fonte Nova.
"[I spent] two days in bed with a fever, headache, vomiting. I'm recovering.
"I lost almost three kilos and there were difficult days, but I feel better and I think that by Saturday I will be prepared for the game."
Torreira's return to fitness replenishes the midfield stocks damaged by Matias Vecino's forced withdrawal from the tournament due to a hamstring injury.
Rodrigo Bentancur and Real Madrid's Federico Valverde could continue their partnership, while the presence of Nahitan Nandez gives Oscar Tabarez plenty of options for what could be a tricky encounter with a team that has plenty to prove.
Peru attracted plaudits for winning through to last year's World Cup and collected four points from its opening two Copa America matches.
But all momentum was lost in a humiliating 5-0 defeat to Brazil and local reports have hinted head coach Ricardo Gareca could face a fight to keep his job if the Blanquirroja are bundled out before the final four.
"After a result of this nature you have to rethink many things," Gareca said after the humbling last outing.
With the spotlight firmly fixed on Peru, more resilience is a must.
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Warner reaches fifty in 32 balls as Australia launches attack in PowerPlay vs India
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India wins gold, silver in shooting team event; Moves on 5th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Asian Games 2023, September 27 Live Updates: Esha bags silver in 25m pistol, Samra wins 50m rifle 3p gold, Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; India 5th with 22 medals
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles R-64, Manav Thakkar and Manush Shah into deciding game
- Shooting LIVE Score Asian Games 2023: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet final; Sift wins gold with WR, India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold