Oliver Fisher made history by shooting the European Tour's first ever round of 59 at the Portugal Masters on Friday.
The Englishman carded 10 birdies and an eagle for a stunning 12-under total on the second day's play at Vilamoura.
Fisher, who only made an even-par 71 on Thursday, stormed into the clubhouse lead with his sensational second-round effort, and was agonisingly close to going one better with a 58.
After crushing a drive down the middle of the 18th fairway, Fisher's approach left him with a 30-foot putt for birdie and his effort almost dropped, just drifting by over the left edge.
Fisher made no mistake with his closing putt, securing his place in the history books and offering a raise of his cap and a shy smile by way of celebration.
The tone was set for Fisher's remarkable round with three successive birdies to start, before an eagle at the par-five fifth and further gains at six and eight saw him reach the turn in 28.
His back nine also began with three straight birdies and although he parred four of the last nine holes - picking up shots at 15 and 17 - Fisher's record-breaking mark always looked likely once he'd sent his final drive straight and true.
Ranked 287th in the world, Fisher has just one European Tour victory to his name, at the Czech Open in 2011.
This season, the 30-year-old has a best finish of runner-up at the Qatar Masters while his last appearance, at the KLM Open last week, saw him finish in a tie for 120th.
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis LIVE Score, NAS 0-0 PER, AFC Champions League 2023-24: Ronaldo’s 10 man team keeps it all square, second half underway
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second
- Prannoy, Lakshya withdraw from Syed Modi International 2023
- Hockey Nationals 2023: Defending champions Haryana to face Punjab in the final