The Indian hockey team produced a dominant performance to outclass South Korea 9-1 and enter the final of the Junior Asia Cup here on Wednesday.
In the title clash on Thursday, India will meet the winner of the second semifinal between Malaysia and Pakistan.
Dhami Boby Singh led the way for India with a hat-trick and was declared the Player of the Match at the Salalah Sports Complex.
While Dhami found the net in the 31st, 39th and 55th minutes, it was Lakra Sunit who opened the scoring for India with his 13th-minute strike.
In the 19th minute, Hundal Araijeet Singh doubled the lead before Dhami got into the act.
Angad Bir Singh and Uttam Singh scored in the 34th and 38th minute respectively as India led 6-0 by the end of the third quarter in what was turning out to be a thoroughly one-sided match.
The Koreans found their only goal through Keonyeol Hwang in the 46th minute, as the Indian juggernaut continued in the remaining minutes of the game.
Vishnukant Singh made it 7-1 when he found the net in the 51st minute, which was India’s first strike in the fourth and final quarter.
Barely two minutes after Dhami completed a fine hat-trick, and with just three minutes left in the match, India rounded off the tally with a goal from Sharda Nand Tiwari.
- FIFA Women’s World Cup: Borges hat-trick powers Brazil to a 4-0 rout against debutant Panama
- Deodhar Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 1: South 303/8; North loses four early wickets; Kaverappa picks up all 4; East, West win
- IND vs WI Live Score 2nd Test, Day 5: India needs two wickets for series sweep; West Indies 76/2 in 365 chase
- Brazil forward Ary Borges scores first hat-trick of FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023
- World Aquatics Championships 2023: Italy’s Ceccon wins men’s 50m butterfly