The Netherlands beat England 2-1 in a thrilling final to win the European Championships on Sunday at Warsteiner HockeyPark. The Dutch, in the process, have punched their ticket to next year’s Olympics in Paris.
Derck de Vilder and Duco Telgenkamp scored for the Netherlands before Sam Ward pulled one back in the final quarter.
England had two penalty strokes with four minutes to go but both times Maurits Visser saved from Nicholas Bandurak.
Netherlands become the third team to qualify for the Olympics after the host France and Australia. This was Netherlands’ seventh title win and its fourth championship in five editions.
In the bronze medal match, goals from Florent Van Aubel and Nelson Onana helped Belgium to a 2-0 victory against Germany.
- Indian sports news wrap, November 27
- I-League 2023-24: NEROCA FC survives scare to clinch win against resolute Delhi FC
- Mohun Bagan SG vs Odisha FC LIVE, AFC Cup updates: When, where to watch, streaming info
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 Highlights, Round 3: Tamil Nadu beats Bengal by 5 wickets, Karnataka, Haryana and Vidarbha register wins
- New Zealand banks on World Cup form ahead of Bangladesh Tests