India demolished Iran 44-26 in the final to emerge as the Kabaddi Masters Dubai 2018 champion, at Al Wasl SC here on Saturday.
In front of a loud and energetic crowd, a marauding India ran over Iran in a one-sided summit clash. Raiders Ajay Thakur and Monu Goyat picked up touches at will, while the famed Iranian defence crumbled on the big stage. Surjeet Singh (7 points) stood out as the best among the antis.
India gained the first all-out and a big 10-3 lead, when Iran’s Amin Nosrati was tackled to the ground.
At half-time, India held a handy 18-11 advantage. Iran crumbled to a second ‘lona’ shortly after the
restart, which left the unit facing an insurmountable 12-24 deficit.
The runner-up did have a brief moment in the spotlight when Mohammad Nabibaksh managed to execute a marvellous ‘Super Tackle’ on Thakur.
The result: Final: India 44 (Ajay Thakur 9, Surjeet Singh 7, Monu Goyat 7) bt Iran 26 (Mohammad Maghsoudlou 4).
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 3 Semifinal 2024: Yash Rathod hundred puts Vidarbha in control vs Madhya Pradesh
- PSG coach Enrique dodges Mbappe questions ahead Champions League clash
- De Minaur beats Ruud to become first player to win back-to back titles in Mexico since 2012
- Inter extends Serie A lead to 15 points with win over Genoa
- Arsenal hits Sheffield United for six to keep pace with leader Liverpool