UP Yoddha and Tamil Thalaivas played out a thrilling 25-25 tie in their ProKabaddi League match at the Tau Devi Lal Stadium here on Saturday.
For Yoddha, Prashanth Kumar Rai’s successful raid in the last minute helped the team share the honours. He was also the top-scorer with 12 raid points. Ajay Thakur bagged six points for Thalaivas and Amit Hooda five.
Thalaivas got off to a quick start as Ajay and Athul MS picked up raid points and led 5-1 after four minutes.
Yoddha responded through Rai as he scored three raid points in two minutes to level the match at 5-5. The next few minutes were closely contested as both teams traded raid and tackle points.
The second half followed the pattern of the earlier half with Yoddha and Thalaivas unable to hold on to a lead.
UP Yoddha tied with Tamil Thalaivas 25-25.
Jaipur Pink Pantherstied with U Mumba 35-35.
- Asian Games 2023 Athletics Day 2: Toor, Sable strike gold; Jyothi overcomes false start controversy, veterans stamp their class
- A last-minute injury, a loss to China, India falls just short in men’s team badminton at Asian Games 2023
- Shreyas Iyer origin story: From Shivaji Park Gymkhana to World Cup via a fulfilling dinner
- ISL 2023-24: Luna goal gives Kerala Blasters 1-0 win against Jamshedpur FC
- Fleetwood secures Ryder Cup for Europe after American fightback