While other franchises have gone for sweeping changes in their team lineups, U Mumba has decided to retain a core of sorts going into the player auction for the Pro Kabaddi League’s tenth edition.
Raiders Heidarali Ekrami and Jai Bhagwan have been retained by the side as have veteran defenders Rinku and Surinder Singh. Singh was handed captaincy responsibilities last season and has come a long way from being the impulsive defender former U Mumba skipper Fazel Atrachali had to specially mentor on the mat.
Despite finishing 9th in the table last season, U Mumba had its moments of brilliance and struggled to cope with injuries to primary raider Guman Singh and some lacklustre form for Jai Bhagwan. In this auction, the side will hope to reinforce a technically strong core and ensure players peak during the season,.
Another development fans will eye is that of the head coach position. Anil Chaprana had a rocky maiden season as head coach and U Mumba might want to look at someone with more experience as it bids to win a title once more.
Here is the full list of players retained by U Mumba
U MUMBA - RETAINED PLAYERS FOR PKL SEASON 10
- F1 2023: Mercedes eyeing first race win of the season at Sao Paolo GP while Hamilton chases Perez
- ODI World Cup 2023 top wicket-takers after NZ vs SA: Jansen joint-first with Zampa, Afridi on 16 wickets
- Hurkacz serves 1,000th ace of year in Paris Masters win
- World Cup 2023: De Kock guided me through my innings, says Van der Dussen after massive win against New Zealand
- ISL 2023-24: Youngsters shine bright as Mohun Bagan Super Giant edges past Jamshedpur FC