Pro Kabaddi League team UP Yoddha on Thursday named raider Rishank Devadiga as its captain for the sixth edition of the event starting November 2. The franchise also announced that the state-of-the-art Shaheed Vijay Singh Pathik Sports Complex in Greater Noida would serve as its home ground for this season from November 2-8.
UP Yoddha, also called ‘The Yoddha’, had an impressive first season in 2017. The team finished third in there Zone and fifth overall. UP Yoddha is confident of improving their performance this season given the depth of experience that the team showcases now.
Jasvir Singh, who won the 2014 Asian Games gold medal and 2016 World Cup as a player, will serve as its coach. The team consists of seven raiders, eight defenders and four all-rounders.
UP Yoddha begins its season in Chennai against Tamil Thalaivas on October 8. The team will play a total of 22 games, which also includes six games at their home venue in Greater Noida from November 2-8.
Latest on Sportstar
- Women’s Junior Asia Cup 2023: India ready for Malaysia challenge
- Swiatek no fan of ‘Iga’s Bakery’ memes after serving up another double bagel
- An Se Young defeats He Bingjiao in straight games, claims Thailand Open title
- WTC Final: Rahane stands at crossroads in his comeback Test
- Ravi Dahiya pulls out of from Bishkek Ranking Series after injury during warmup