The mood in the Tamil Thalaivas camp is upbeat and confidence at an all-time high as the Thalaivas are on a preparatory camp ahead of the next edition of the Pro Kabaddi League.
Raider Sukesh Hegde said the team is sure to reach the final after a gruelling practice session at Sri Ramachandra University's Centre for Sports Science (CSS).
Fitness is the focus for the initial part of the ongoing preparatory camp (since August 1), he added. "For around 20-25 days we are focusing on fitness. We have two sessions everyday — morning and evening."
Defender C. Arun said the team will get to the skill-training afterwards. He added that the team has more experienced players this season, and that it will help it do better. Tamil Thalaivas finished at the bottom in its zone last season.
"The team had a lot of young players last time. Also, some players, especially the specialist corner defenders got injured," he reasoned.
Last time, the team heavily relied on Ajay Thakur (32) and the young Prapanjan (25) who finished as its stand-out performers.
There is no Prapanjan this time, but Thakur has been joined by seasoned campaigners Sukesh Hegde, Manjeet Chillar, and D. Gopu.
Coach Edachery Bhaskaran said the team's performance in the last season was analysed, which served as the basis for the team that's been put up this time. "We had a plan going into the auction. And I believe we've put up a balanced team (in terms of youth and experience, and skill-set) that I'm sure will cover last season's weaknesses."
- MI vs DC Live Score, WPL 2024: Mumbai Indians closes in on opening win
- F1 Testing 2024: Ferrari wraps up final day in Bahrain with fastest laps
- Khelo India University Games: Savitribai Phule University archer Mahek wins two gold medals
- Dubai Championships 2024: Kalinskaya upsets World No. 1 Swiatek, faces Paolini in final
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Akash reaches for the sky, turns heads on Test debut