IDEMITSU Honda Racing India rider Rajiv Sethu finished 15th to grab one point, while a crash for Senthil Kumar made him finish 28th in Race 1 of the fourth round of FIM Asia Road Racing Championship (ARRC) here on Saturday.
In the morning qualifier, Rajiv qualified at 13th after a 5th row start on the grid. Despite a good start, a cornering mistake in turn 16 dragged him to 15th position as he rode neck-and-neck with bunch of four riders.
A quick overtake by Indonesian rider Anggi Setiawan took him out of the top 15 in Lap 6.
But recovering fast, Rajiv overtook Honda’s Thai rider Tatkorin Buasri in the penultimate 7th lap to regain his spot in top 15.
The last lap was about avoiding any mistake to stay in top 15 and ensure points for India.
Starting 24th on grid, Senthil put up a tough fight. He jumped to 23rd by lap 2, overtook a rider to reach 22nd by lap 3 but returned to 23rd in lap 6. He maintained this pace till the last corner of the 8 lap race where he crashed and damaged his machine but managed to finish the race.
- Siddarth Kaul: Winning white-ball trophy but missing out in red-ball cricket doesn’t discredit the players’ skills
- Hockey India: Statements by outgoing officials claiming divisions within the organisation are not correct
- I-League: Sreenidi Deccan takes on Mohammedan Sporting Club in potential title decider
- Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopi Chand - Double(s) delight for Indian badminton
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer