Gresini Racing has extended its Ducati deal for the next two seasons and Spaniard Alex Marquez will continue with it in 2024, the Italian MotoGP team said on Thursday.
Marquez, younger brother of six-times MotoGP champion Marc, won the British Grand Prix sprint race at Silverstone last Saturday -- his first win in the top category.
The 2019 Moto2 champion has also been on the podium with Gresini this season, his first since switching from Honda, finishing third in Argentina after taking pole position.
“The results speak for themselves and it was a logical step for us to continue together and raise the bar some more,” said Gresini boss Nadia Padovani Gresini in a statement.
“To continue together for the next season is key in order to keep growing with this bike, and with this team everything is going to be easier,” said Marquez.
- Inter Miami vs LA Galaxy LIVE score, MLS updates: Messi starts, lineups OUT! Preview, streaming info; Kick-off at 7am IST
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 4: IND needs 152 more to win; Rohit, Jaiswal at crease
- Al Shabab vs Al Nassr highlights, SHB 2-3 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Talisca brace, Ronaldo strike guide Nassr to win and keep title race alive
- Saudi Pro League: Ronaldo scores milestone goal as Al Nassr edges Al Shabab to keep title race alive
- WPL 2024: Gujarat Giants stumbles to five-wicket loss against Mumbai Indians in low-scoring encounter