Ace cueist Pankaj Advani is set to take on a new challenge. Unlike previous years, just a day separates the billiards and snooker events at the IBSF World Championships. This does not leave much time for Advani to make the mental and technical adjustments required.
The billiards events (150-up and long-up formats) will be held from November 9 to 15, while the snooker event commences on November 17. All events will be held at Doha (Qatar). This is a departure from the past, wherein the snooker and billiards were separated by at least two weeks.
“I’ve never entered back-to-back snooker and billiards events at a World Championship before. I’ve done it at the Senior Nationals, but this is quite different. It is going to be a challenge, but I'm looking forward to it,” Advani said here on Thursday.
Pankaj Advani’s official app is set for launch for Friday. The app, available for download on Android and Apple mobile devices, gives fans the chance to get closer to Advani.
“The app will welcome fans into my world. Apart from my match and tournament details, users will also get to know me better – the music I like, travel tips, fashion tips and so on. We will also hold contests for fans,” Advani said.
- Al Nassr vs Al Hazem LIVE score Saudi Pro League: NAS 1-0 HAZ; Ronaldo suspended, Talisca converts penalty
- German Open: Jolly-Gayatri advance to quarterfinals
- RCB-W vs DC-W Highlights WPL 2024: Delhi Capitals beats Royal Challengers by 25 runs
- Indian sports wrap, February 29
- Man United manager Ten Hag demands apology from Fulham for Fernandes video