Olympian and World Championship silver medallist archer Atanu Das has been reinducted in the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) following his impressive performances at the domestic circuit and the Archery World Cup in Antalya this year.
Atanu, who had scored 673 points to claim the fourth spot in the men’s recurve individual rankings, was making a return to international outdoor competition after nearly one-and-a-half years.
Other big names to be included in TOPS are rifle shooter Mehuli Ghosh, who won the 10m air rifle event at the National Shooting Trials this year and 15-year-old Tilottama Sen.
Sen had earlier won bronze in the 10m air rifle event at Cairo World Cup this year, that too in her debut outing in the senior circuit. She also has Junior World Championships bronze and team gold under her belt which she won in 2022.
A total of 27 new names were inducted into the TOPS Core and Development lists which now takes the total number of TOPS athletes to 270 (101 in Core, 269 in Development).
- England vs Pakistan LIVE Score, World Cup 2023: ENG 88/1 (14.4); Iftikhar removes Malan on 31; Bairstow, Root eye rebuild
- Australia vs Bangladesh Live Score, World Cup 2023: Marsh off to an explosive start after Head departs early; AUS 36/1 (5)
- ODI World Cup 2023: MCC backs Mathews Timed out decision, says batter ‘did not consult with umpires when helmet broke’
- Dhiraj Bommadevara secures India’s first archery Paris Olympics 2024 quota
- Asian half marathon C’ship: Indian men’s team wins gold, women’s team clinches bronze