In Laureus’ 20th anniversary year, the Laureus World Sports Awards will take place in Berlin on February 17. The landmark awards will celebrate the greatest sporting triumphs of 2019, while also showcasing Laureus Sport for Good’s work for the past two decades in uniting, inspiring and changing the lives of young people around the world.
Hosted in the Verti Music Hall, Berlin’s leading entertainment venue, the 2020 Laureus Awards will be attended by current sports stars, sporting legends and leaders from business, politics and entertainment.
Past award winners have included Simone Biles, Usain Bolt, Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer, Cathy Freeman, Kelly Slater and Serena Williams.
The Laureus World Sports Awards are the premier honours on the international sporting calendar. The winners are chosen by the Laureus World Sports Academy, the ultimate sports jury, made up of 68 of the greatest living sportsmen and sportswomen.
The 2020 Awards will be the second Laureus World Sports Awards take place in Berlin, following the 2016 ceremony which took place at Messe Berlin. Previously, the awards have taken place in Monaco, Lisbon, Barcelona, Saint Petersburg, Abu Dhabi, London, Rio de Janeiro, Kuala Lumpur and Shanghai.
- ITF Kalaburagi Open: Ramkumar Ramanathan to face Pichler in final
- National Boxing Championships 2023: Amit Panghal, Shiva Thapa clinch gold as SSCB defends its title
- EURO 2024 schedule: Full list of matches, groups, kick-off time, venues, dates
- Athletics Federation of India set to become India’s first paperless NSF
- Indian sports news wrap, December 2: Rethin, Aishi win ITF junior titles; Elavenil clinches shooting nationals gold