Conor McGregor wants a rematch against Khabib Nurmagomedov in Moscow, but the UFC lightweight champion was only thinking about planning his next meal after defeating Dustin Poirier.
In his first outing since a win against McGregor in October 2018 that was overshadowed by an ugly post-fight brawl, Nurmagomedov moved to 28-0 by submitting Poirier in the third round at UFC 242.
The Irishman has since claimed to have retired following the loss last year, but he was quick to request another shot at the Russian following Saturday's result in Abu Dhabi.
McGregor tweeted: "Book my rematch for Moscow."
However, UFC president Dana White stated that Tony Ferguson is next in line for Nurmagomedov, though McGregor offers a logical back-up option.
"Tony Ferguson gets the next shot and obviously if for whatever reason Tony can't take the fight or doesn't want the fight at that time, then we would figure out what would be next," said White.
"But yeah, Conor would make a lot of sense. Conor McGregor wants that fight really badly and I'm sure the fans would want to see it. So we'll see how this whole thing plays out."
Nurmagomedov was keen to avoid becoming embroiled in such discussions, with his focus set on his post-fight meal.
"You know what's interesting in this sport; even if you're 28-0 in MMA, 12-0 in UFC, you're one of the biggest stars, you smash everybody, people talk about how you have to fight with him, you have to fight with him, you have to fight with him. Just give me respect," he said.
"My next opponent is a very good steak, with a burger and double cheese. I want this. With some juice with ice. I want to enjoy it. Give me a couple of days please."
But when the subject turned to former two-weight world champion Georges St-Pierre, widely considered the greatest MMA fighter of all time but retired since February, Nurmagomedov could not hide his interest.
He said: "Georges St-Pierre is a great guy, great champion, great athlete – he's a very good example for young kids. I know he's retired but if he wants to come back, if he feels hungry, if he feels he can improve his legacy with a fight with me and he can make 155 [pounds], I'm waiting for him."
Nurmagomedov ruled out an imminent change in division, though acknowledged a step up to welterweight could come in the future, while also expressing a desire to raise money with a charity fight in Africa.
"If the UFC have a big, big fight, they can build an arena somewhere like Congo, Nigeria, Somalia or Sudan, whatever. Fight there, make money and do some charity stuff," he said.
"Africa is in a very bad situation with a lot of people dying because they don't have drinking water. We can do this, let's go. If UFC support it, I'm going to support it too.
"Maybe I can fight with Georges St-Pierre. Georges St-Pierre is a very big star. They can build an arena in three months and maybe in January, February or March we can fight in somewhere like Congo, why not?
"And all the money we make we can use on charity, on Africa or somewhere. Maybe they can make $50 million, maybe 40m, even if they make 30m for one night and give all this money for people – I like this kind of stuff."
- Mexican Open: Second-seeded Holger Rune eases past American Michael Mmoh
- Argentina to play exhibition against Costa Rica instead of Nigeria in Los Angeles on March 26
- A low-ranked American tennis player banned after testing positive for marijuana at a tournament
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag doesn’t want Ratcliffe vote of confidence
- Bundesliga boss says rejection of investor deal ‘bad for the league’