The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has spread worldwide, affecting the lives of over five million people, and spreading across 213 countries.
Premier League clubs are set for a training return on Tuesday while the Bundesliga restarted the season over the weekend behind closed doors after chancellor Angela Merkel gave the go-ahead last week. It was the first major footballing league to return after lockdown in Europe. Celtic won a ninth-straight Scottish Premiership title after the season was ended.
While the La Liga has announced clubs can train with a group of 10 players, Serie A is eyeing a restart on June 13.
Other big events like the IPL, several Formula One and Moto GP Grands Prix, Wimbledon, NBA etc. have all been either postponed or cancelled.
Here are the biggest news stories from the world of sport, as they happen:
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: India Men’s Doubles R-64, Manav Thakkar and Manush Shah win two games
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India wins gold, silver in shooting team event; Moves on 5th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Shooting LIVE Score Asian Games 2023: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet final; Sift wins gold with WR, India wins 25m women’s pistol team gold
- Asian Games 2023: Anant Jeet Singh wins silver in men’s shotgun skeet event
- Asian Games 2023: Full golf schedule, dates, time, venues