Tamil Nadu's Anupama Ramachandran and Madhya Pradesh's Amee Kamani clinched the first and second positions respectively in the women's (1st leg) round-robin league of the GSC World Snooker Qualifiers.
Both Anupama and Amee finished with five wins each, but the former, with a slender frame difference (frames won 17, frames lost 7) of 10 as compared to Amee's frames difference (FW 15, FL 6) of 9, grabbed the pole position, a media release issued here on Thursday stated.
In the final round of matches, India number 4 Anupama Ramachandran defeated Delhi's Keerath Bhandaal 3-1 (57-23, 73-30, 45-63 and 59-10), while India number 2 Amee was at her best and with a fine effort of 64 points in the second frame, scored a confidence-boosting 3-0 win against national champion Vidya Pillai of Karnataka.
Vidya and Varsha Sanjeev of Tamil Nadu, with 4 wins to their credit, were placed third and fourth respectively.
In the men's competition, ace cueist Pankaj Advani (PSPB) stamped his authority with a classy 4-1 win against national champion Aditya Mehta (PSPB) in the final round-robin match.
Advani constructed an 84 points break in the third frame and cantered to a 72-58 (66-23, 55-45, 94(84)-26, 30-68) victory to finish unbeaten in the 7-player league.
Aditya and India number 3 Laxman Rawat (PSPB), having suffered two defeats each, claimed the second and third positions respectively.
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament
- India to tour Sri Lanka in July-August, 2024 for six-match white-ball series
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.
- 2023 Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 4: Baroda 54/4 in 167-run chase vs TN; Mumbai beats Pondicherry by 7 wickets; Saurashtra eyes big win vs Odisha
- India’s Ashwal Rai, Muthusamy urge home support during Volleyball Club World Championships 2023