Henry Cejudo expressed his gratitude to "Uncle" Dana White and confirmed "Triple C is out" after officially vacating his UFC bantamweight title.
Cejudo announced his shock retirement after retaining his title with a defeat of Dominick Cruz at UFC 249 on May 9.
Ali Abdelaziz, Cejudo's manager, later stated that he did not believe the 33-year-old had really quit.
Yet Cejudo is no longer listed as the bantamweight champion and on Monday reiterated he is walking away from the sport, giving special thanks to UFC boss White.
He tweeted: "Thank you for the awesome experiences uncle @danawhite
"I will forever be grateful. Thank you for taking a chance on the sport that people thought would never make it.
"To all my coaches and fans it been a wonderful ride. Triple C is out "
- Model airplanes keep protests flying high in Bundesliga as Bayern and Frankfurt game interrupted
- Premier League 2023-24: Brighton cruises past Sheffield United 5-0 win after Holgate’s early sending off
- PVL 2024: Ahmedabad makes it two out of two with win over Kolkata, Bengaluru no match for Delhi
- Sinner a winner again as he powers to Rotterdam Open crown
- ISL 2023-24: Mumbai City beats Bengaluru FC 2-0 to continue winning form