Indian cyclists continued their fine performance on the day two of the Track Asia Cup 2016, bagging two bronze medals, here today.
Sanuraj P won the bronze in the 1km Time Trial Men Junior, while the second bronze of the day came in the Team Pursuit 4km Race.
Sanuraj finished with a timing of 1:07.902 to clinch the third position. The gold medal was won by TSZ Chun Law of Hong Kong, with a time of 1:07.015, while the silver was claimed by Muhammad Danieal Haikkal of Malaysia, who clocked 1:07.871.
In the men’s junior category, team consisting of Sachin Desai, Raju Bati, Sandesh Uppar and Ashwin Patil left behind the team from Hong Kong to claim the third spot.
Kazakhstan won the gold and the second place was taken by UAE.
“World No. 6 cyclist Sahil was suppose to participate in the team event and we were confident of winning a gold.
However, despite losing Sahil to an injury during the training session, the team managed to bag a bronze,” India coach R.K. Sharma said.
Meanwhile, in 1km Time Trial Men Elite, India failed to finish on the podium.
- RCB-W vs MI-W live score, WPL 2024: Mumbai Indians 109/2 (12); Sciver-Brunt, Kerr control 132-run chase
- Red Bull’s Verstappen wins Bahrain Grand Prix to kick-off Formula 1 season
- ISL 2023-24: Bengaluru FC rides on Javi’s winner to beat Kerala Blasters, storms into top six
- Indian Sports News Wrap: March 2
- ISL 2023-24: Chennaiyin looks to surprise Odisha FC in last-ditch effort for top-six finish