Seema led the way with two medals, including a gold in the junior section, as India enjoyed six podium finishes on the fifth day of the Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships here.
Seema bagged a silver medal in the senior (75kg) category by lifting 202 kg (91 in snatch and 111 in clean and jerk), the total proving good enough to give her the top prize in the junior women’s event.
Punam Yadav (69 kg) lifted 217 kg (97 and 120) to win the silver medal in her event.
In the senior men’s 94 kg, Vikas Thakur won the bronze medal by lifting 340 kg (150 and 190), while Konjum Taba clinched the gold medal by lifting 317 kg (140 and 177) in the junior men’s 94 kg event.
A Anju Devi, in the youth girl 75kg event, won the silver medal by lifting 167 kg (73 and 94).
Latest on Sportstar
- WTC Final LIVE Score, IND vs AUS Day 1, Tea: Australia 170/3 (51 overs) - Head, Smith keep India at bay
- Asian U20 Athletics Championship: Laxita, women’s 4x400m relay team win gold; Mehdi bags men’s 1500m bronze
- Messi set to join Inter Miami: Reports
- French Open 2023: Swiatek beats Gauff, faces Haddad Maia in semifinals
- Doctors stop sedation of PSG keeper Rico after riding accident