Shotgun World Cup: Gurjoat Singh Khangura and Ganemat Sekhon make semifinal exit
Ganemat Sekhon shot the third-best score of 117 in women’s skeet, but was not at her best in the semifinals, in the shotgun World Cup in Cairo, Egypt, on Saturday.
It was a commendable performance by Ganemat as she shot a series of 24, 23, 22, 23 and 25, spread over three days.
Qualification topper Jiang Yiting of China won the gold, as she beat Simona Scocchetti of Italy 35-33 with a golden hit.
In men’s skeet, Gurjoat Singh Khangura missed the chance to make the semifinals, after shooting 120 following a series of 25, 25, 24, 23 and 23. Only eighth spot was available for the score of 120 that had six shooters tied.
Gold for Aman, Vanshika and Pooja in Asian under-18 Athletics Championship
Aman Kumar and Vanshika won the boys and girls 3000m gold while their Indian teammates Yogeswar Rajasekaran and Anju Bala took the silver at the fifth Asian under-18 Athletics Championship in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, on Saturday.
On Friday, Pooja took the girls high jump title with 1.77m while Arjun picked up a silver in boys javelin throw.
The results (Indian medal winners only):
- Dominica withdraws its bid to co-host the T20 World Cup 2024
- PKL: Which defender the most tackle points in a single Pro Kabaddi League match?
- PKL: Who has the most raid points in a single Pro Kabaddi League match?
- Cristiano Ronaldo faces USD1B class-action lawsuit after promoting for Binance NFTs
- ISL 2023-24: Bengaluru FC denies Punjab FC its first win of the season in 3-3 draw