Indian Olympic Association (IOA) president Narinder Batra will head a nine-member committee, that will co-ordinate with the government and Sports Authority of India (SAI), to address all the reported issues of National Sports Federations (NSFs), State Olympic Association (SOA) and Sports Code.
While Batra will be the chairman, noted lawyer R.K. Anand will be the working chairman. IOA secretary-general, Rajeev Mehta, will be the convenor. The other members of the committee are Anandeshwar Pandey, Randhir Singh Lalit Bhanot, Tarlochan Singh, Anil Khanna and Sudanshu Mittal.
It is learnt that Batra can increase the strength of the committee if he wants to. With Commonwealth Games scheduled in three weeks’ time and Asian Games set to be held later in 2018, the committee has been formed so that government gets a clearer picture about difficulties faced by NSFs.
Latest on Sportstar
- Karim Benzema scores in his final game for Real Madrid
- Two-time major winner Morikawa exits Memorial with back spasms
- Monfils and Svitolina - a support system for each other on and off the court
- Real Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao; La Liga LIVE: Benzema equalises through a penalty after Sancet goal; RMA 1-1 ATH
- Roland Garros 2023: Svitolina returns to French Open quarterfinals by downing Kasatkina