Israel Adesanya successfully defended his UFC middleweight championship with a unanimous-decision win over Yoel Romero at the T-Mobile Arena in Paradise, Nevada, on Saturday.
Adesanya improved to 19-0 after getting the better of Romero in Las Vegas. Judges scored the bout 48-47, 48-47 and 49-46 in Adesanya's favour.
After few exchanges between the fighters in the opening two rounds, Adesanya landed the more decisive blows thereafter. Romero (13-5) has now lost four of his past five fights, including the previous three.
Earlier, Zhang Weili retained the women's strawweight title with a split-decision win against Joanna Jedrzejczyk in a classic, which was regarded as arguably the greatest women's fight in MMA history by many critics of the sport.
- Delhi Capitals WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures
- AUS vs NZ, 1st T20I: Australia registers its third-highest successful run chase, beats New Zealand in last-ball thriller
- Coach Thomas Tuchel to leave Bayern Munich at the end of the season
- Dortmund fumes over Eindhoven penalty award in Champions League tie
- Yashasvi Jaiswal breaks into top-20 of ICC Test Rankings