A scheduled middleweight bout between Jack Hermansson and Edmen Shahbazyan will not take place at UFC 262 in Houston on Saturday, the UFC announced Monday.
Instead, the middleweight competitors are slated to fight one week later during UFC Fight Night: Font vs. Garbrandt on May 22 in Las Vegas.
UFC president Dana White told TSN that the move was made because of a COVID-19 case inside Hermansson's camp.
Hermansson, of Sweden, is 21-6 overall but has lost two of his last three matches after winning the previous four in a row.
Shahbazyan, a Los Angeles-area native, is 11-1 overall. His lone loss came against Derek Brunson in August.
The headline match at UFC 262 will be a lightweight title bout between Brazil's Charles Oliveira and the United States' Michael Chandler.
Latest on Sportstar
- WATCH WTC final 2023 Preview - Australia vs India key match-ups, ICC World Test Championship Final
- Defending champion Sindhu, in-form Prannoy eye good show in Singapore Open
- NBA Finals: 3 takeaways from Game 2 as Miami Heat levels series
- ‘Playing my best,’ says Rodri as Manchester City eyes European glory
- Sunil Gavaskar: WTC final venue should be around the world instead of just one country