Joshna Chinappa's run at the Macau Open came to an end on Saturday as she was outplayed by top seed Annie Au of Hong Kong in the semifinal.
The third seeded Chinappa struggled to get past Annie and slipped to a straight games 4-11, 5-11, 10-12 loss.
The Indian has played Annie several times on the international circuit, but the Hong Kong player has had the upper-hand in their recent clashes. Even on Saturday, sparring a few moments of brilliance in the third game, Joshna Chinappa was of little match to Annie.
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament
- India to tour Sri Lanka in July-August, 2024 for six-match white-ball series
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.
- 2023 Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 4: Baroda 54/4 in 167-run chase vs TN; Mumbai beats Pondicherry by 7 wickets; Saurashtra eyes big win vs Odisha
- India’s Ashwal Rai, Muthusamy urge home support during Volleyball Club World Championships 2023