Squash players Abhishek Pradhan and Abhishek Agarwal have tested positive for COVID-19 forcing the organisers of the HCL-SRFI Indian Tour to postpone the start of tournament by a day. The championship was originally scheduled to start on Saturday. As of now, it may start on Monday provided there are no more coronavirus cases among the players.
The two players have been removed from the draw. “If the next round of testing finds no positive COVID-19 tests, then the tournament will take place from March 29 to April 1, with both the second round and quarterfinals taking place on March 30,” SRFI said in a release.
Squash Rackets Federation of India (SRFI) is in talks with Professional Squash Association to work out the path ahead. There is a possibility that the media and spectators might not be allowed at the venue, Indian Squash Academy, if the tournament starts.
- Milan’s Jovic hit with two-match ban for hitting opponent
- Long jump trial planned to eliminate foul jumps
- World Team Table Tennis Championships: India women beat Spain, advance to Round of 32
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Jasprit Bumrah released from squad; KL Rahul ruled out due to injury
- PVL 2024: Chennai Blitz gets winning momentum back, thrashes Kochi Blue Spikers