India's Virdhawal Khade won bronze medals in the 50m butterfly and 50m freestyle event at the 50th Singapore National Age Group Swimming Championships.
Olympic champion Joseph Schooling won the gold in the 50m butterfly. His timing of 24.65s was, however, not enough to make the cut for the FINA World Championships. While the A-cut requires a time of 0:23.66 or less, the B-cut qualifying time is 0:24.49, which Khade narrowly missed on Saturday.
In the 50m freestyle event on Sunday, Khade secured a bronze with a timing of 23.10s.
There was surprise in store in the 13-14 age category as India's Nina Venkatesh took the silver medal with a timing of 29.43s in the 50m butterfly event.
Neel Roy, who came close to finishing on the podium in the men's 100m freestyle category on Wednesday, finished seventh in the 200m freestyle category. He was nearly six seconds behind the gold medallist Darren Chua. He finished sixth in the 50m freestyle.
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 2: IND 25/1; Jaiswal, Gill combine after Rohit falls early
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 2 Updates: Musheer scores 150 vs Baroda; TN loses 3 vs Saurashtra
- WPL 2024: Sajana smashes last-ball six as Mumbai Indians seals dramatic opener vs Delhi Capitals
- League Cup final officials must avoid Liverpool bias, says Pochettino
- Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United to take part in U.S. summer series