Star Indian paddler Sharath Kamal has opted out of the upcoming world championships, which will be held in Chengdu, China from September 30 to October 9, citing personal reasons.
Gnanasekaran Sathiyan, top-ranked Indian in the world at No. 37, will spearhead the Indian squad in the men’s section while Manika Batra, at No. 44, will lead the women’s team
The 40-year-old Sharath scaled new heights by winning gold medals in men’s singles, mixed doubles and men’s team event, and a silver medal in men’s doubles at the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham.
- I-League 2023-24 Top Scorers: Here are the leading goalscorers after matchday seven
- EURO 2024 playoffs: Which are the teams involved, when will the matches be played?
- I-League 2023-24 points table LIVE: Sreenidi Deccan on top tied with Mohammedan Sporting Club, I-League standings
- IND vs AUS, 5th T20I: Arshdeep Singh holds nerve in tense final over as India wins series 4-1
- EURO 2024: Which group is the Group of Death at the European Championship?