India's challenge at the World Table Tennis Contender ended on Friday as G. Sathiyan lost to World No. 23 and sixth seed Darko Jorgic of Slovenia in the men’s singles pre-quarterfinals at Novo Mesto (Slovenia) here. The Slovenian earned a 11-9, 11-3, 5-11, 11-5 win over Sathiyan.
Earlier in the day, China's Liang Jingkun, ranked World No. 10 and the seeded third, defeated Sharath Kamal 11-6, 11-8, 12-10 in the men's singles pre-quarterfinals.
Outplayed in the first two games, Sharath put up a fight of sorts in the third. He had a game point at 10-9, but the Chinese won the next three points to win the match. Earlier on Thursday, Sathiyan defeated Harmeet Desai 11-9, 11-13, 12-10, 16-14 in the men's singles first round.
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup
- Men’s Volleyball Club World C’ship 2023: All you need to know, preview, schedule, live streaming info
- Bangladesh vs New Zealand LIVE Score updates, 2nd Test Day 1: Latest scorecard, match streaming info
- Glenn Maxwell vows to play IPL until he ‘can’t walk anymore’
- IND-W vs ENG-W Live Streaming Info, 1st T20I: When and where to watch India Women vs England Women T20 series 2023?