Aryna Sabalenka improved her winning streak to six as she beat American Shelby Rogers 6-3, 6-1 on Thursday to reach the third round of the Australian Open.
The No. 5-seeded Sabalenka, who began the year by winning the title in Adelaide, trailed the American 3-1 early in the match but won five straight games to take the opening set and then eased through the second.
“I expected a great level from her today, that’s why I stayed focused from the beginning to the end,” Sabalenka said.
Sabalenka will play either Elise Mertens, the No. 26-seeded player, or Lauren Davis in the third round.
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers AFC points table after India vs Qatar: Blue Tigers third in Group A
- Tamil Nadu’s Mareeswaran hopes to realise Olympic dreams through Senior Nationals Hockey tournament
- Davis Cup: Raonic gives champion Canada fast start v Finland
- India loses against Qatar in FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifier, stays second in Group A
- FIFA World Cup 2026 AFC qualification: How can India qualify for FIFA WC?