The duo of Rohan Bopanna and Denis Shapovalov crashed out of the semi-finals of the men's doubles event at the ongoing St Petersburg Open here on Saturday.
Playing on the centre court at the Petersburg Sports and Concert Complex, fourth-seeded Hugo Nysa-Andrey Golubev ousted the Indo-Canadian pair by 6-4, 2-6, 4-10.
Bopanna-Shapovalov lost the first set but the duo rallied to win the second set. Hugo Nysa and Andrey Golubev, however, showed nerves of steel in the match tie-break to enter into the final.
This was the first time in 2021 that Bopanna played the semi-final at a tournament. His best performance before this week was a quarter-finals finish at the French Open.
- Euro 2024: Germany to Spain, Italy and Croatia in group of death
- Premier League: Arsenal beats Wolves to go four points clear at top
- Vaishali, India’s third female Grandmaster, is making all the right moves
- IPL 2024 Auction: Scouts reveal domestic middle-order batters, fast bowlers likely to be hot property on December 19
- EURO 2024 full schedule: Complete list of matches, groups, kick-off time, venues, live streaming info