Qualifier Yuki Bhambri played well before being beaten 3-6, 6-1, 6-4 by the 59th ranked Aljaz Beene of Slovenia in the first round of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships on Monday.
Yuki, playing only in his third tournament after returning from a two-year hibernation owing to injury, picked up 10 ATP points for qualifying into the main draw and collected $13,300.
After competing in the ATP Tour event in Singapore on a protected rank, Yuki won the doubles title with Saketh Myneni in the $15,000 ITF tournament in Lucknow, before stepping it up in the ATP-500 event in Dubai.
He beat fellow Davis Cuppers Prajnesh Gunneswaran and Ramkumar Ramanathan to make the main draw in Dubai.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: TN looks to increase lead; Karnataka eyes big partnership vs VID
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 3: IND trails by 134 runs; ENG needs 3 wickets to take big lead
- Arsenal routs Newcastle to keep pace with leader Liverpool
- Former England, QPR forward Stan Bowles dies aged 75
- Foden strike keeps Man City on Liverpool’s heels