Russian qualifier Ekaterina Alexandrova will face Camila Giorgi in her first WTA Final after producing an incredible Ladies Linz fightback to beat Andrea Petkovic.
The 119th-ranked Alexandrova put a first-set bagel behind her and served up one of her own to seal a 0-6 6-4 6-0 victory on Saturday.
Petkovic, bidding to win a first title in three years, took just 25 minutes to wrap up the opening set in the second semi-final.
That proved to a false down for the German, as Alexandrova warmed to the task, breaking to lead 3-2 in the second set and going on to set up a decider.
Alexandrova blew a stunned Petkovic away in a final set which lasted only 22 minutes.
"When I arrived here and first saw the qualification draw, I thought I could finish in the second round, maybe reach the main draw," Alexandrova said.
"I thought that was my maximum. But now I'm standing here and playing the final tomorrow [Sunday]. I think it's amazing. It's unbelievable."
Giorgi will play in a Linz final for the second time after the aggressive Italian defeated Alison Van Uytvanck 6-3 6-4.
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer
- Uday Saharan wins Emerging Hero award at the Sportstar ‘Focus Punjab’ Conclave
- WPL 2024: Royal Challengers Bangalore looks to maintain win-streak as it faces Delhi Capitals
- Brigadier Harcharan Singh honoured with Sportstar Hero Unsung Champion award at ‘Focus Punjab’ Sports Conclave
- Punjab’s sports policy unparalleled in the country, says Sports Minister Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer