India’s Rohan Bopanna and his Australian partner Matthew Ebden reached the men’s doubles quarterfinals at the US Open after defeating Julian Cash and Henry Patten in a hard-fought three-set match.
The sixth-seeded Indo-Australian pair won a thrilling match against the British duo of Cash and Patten, with a final score of 6-4, 6-7(5), 7-6(10-6) after two hours and 22 minutes of play at the Arthur Ashe Stadium on Sunday.
Bopanna and Ebden, who had reached the Wimbledon semifinals earlier this year, hit 13 aces and won 81 per cent of their first-serve points.
They will face the winners of the third round match between top seeds Wesley Koolhof of the Netherlands and Neal Skupski of the United Kingdom, and local duo Nathaniel Lammons and Jackson Withrow.
Bopanna remains the only Indian in the fray in the men’s doubles event after Yuki Bhambri and Saketh Myneni made first-round exits.
Bopanna crashed out of the mixed doubles event, losing in straight sets 2-6, 5-7 to Ben Shelton and Taylor Townsend of the United States in the second round. Bopanna’s partner was Indonesian Aldila Sutjiadi.
- I-League 2023-24 points table: Aizawl moves second beating rival Shillong Lajong
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 LIVE Scores, Dabang Delhi KC vs Haryana Steelers: DD 15-4 HS, Naveen gives Delhi early lead after Maninder, Shubham gives Bengal Warriors convincing 48-38 victory over Tamil Thalaivas
- IND-W vs ENG -W Live Score, 3rd Women’s T20: Smriti, Jemimah leading the chase for India vs England
- India vs South Africa Live Score, 1st T20: IND v SA match called off due to rain; Durban weather updates
- Women’s Super League 2023-24: Russo double helps Arsenal beat leader Chelsea 4-1