Novak Djokovic joined the Serbian team for the group stage of the Davis Cup Finals in Valencia on Wednesday.
The 36-year-old Serbian clinched his fourth US Open title on Sunday and equalled Margaret Court’s all-time record of 24 Grand Slams.
He, along with the the Serbian men’s basketball team which finished runner-up at FIBA World Cup, were involved in emotional celebrations on the famous balcony of the city hall in Belgrade on Tuesday.
Serbia, the 2010 champion, has been kept in Group C with Spain, Czech Republic and Republic of Korea. It won its opener against Korea 3-0 on Tuesday.
Djokovic is expected to play in its second match against the Czech Republic on Saturday. Top two teams from the group will progress to the Final 8 stage which takes place in Malaga on 21-26 November.
- One punch man - Meet Shivashankara Subarayappa, the one-armed fighter making waves in Indian kickboxing
- I practised a lot in nets during World Cup, was constantly talking to coaches: Ishan Kishan
- Dinesh Karthik praises Abhishek Nayar for shaping Rinku Singh’s remarkable career
- We identified chinks in our armour and worked on them, says Lakra ahead of FIH Junior World Cup
- IND vs AUS, 1st T20I: Suryakumar on playing ‘fearless cricket’ and the role of Ishan during India’s win over Australia